Terms and Conditions of Website Use
Please read the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) of use carefully before using the I Left Venus For This mobile and online websites, owned by I Left Mars For This Productions, LLC (the “Company”), located at http://www.ileftvenusforthis.com/ (the “Website”). Without any additional action on your part, your use, access or viewing of, or submission of any content to or through (collectively, “use”), the Website is subject to, and constitutes your irrevocable acceptance of and agreement with, these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, do not use the Website. Before continuing, print off or save a local copy of these Terms for your records.
1. General. The Company grants you a limited, non-perpetual, revocable, terminable at-will, non-assignable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive license to use the Website solely for your personal, informational and non-commercial use. Except for these Terms, which are a binding contract between you and the Company, nothing on the Website is or may be construed as an offer to form a binding contract or grant of any license or transfer of intellectual property or other rights or interests.
2. Copyright and Trademarks. The Website and the information on it are the properties of the Company or its members, attorneys, licensors, successors, or assigns and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws. Except as otherwise noted on the Website, the Company owns all trademarks, service marks, tradenames, domain names, logos and other distinctive brand features displayed on the Website. Nothing on the Website grants or should be construed as granting any license or right in or to any trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain names, logos or other distinctive brand features or other intellectual property rights, all of which the Company or their respective owners reserve. You must abide by any copyright notices, information or restrictions contained on any part of the Website.
4. Correctness. The Company does not guarantee or warrant the accuracy, correctness or completeness of any information provided, and the Company shall not be liable for any damages or liability arising from the information provided on this site as further provided in Paragraph 7.
￼￼￼5. Opinions of Content Contributors. Opinions and other statements of expression made by users and other third parties (such as bloggers, guest contributors or commenters) are theirs alone, and not opinions of the Company. Content created by these third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed by the Company. You acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to view and distribute content through the Website, the Company is not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to the content. The Company does not undertake or assume any duty to monitor the Website for inappropriate or unlawful content. The Company assumes no responsibility or liability which may arise from the content thereof, including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, libel, slander, infringement, invasion of privacy and publicity rights, obscenity, pornography, profanity, fraud, or misrepresentation. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company reserves the right to block or remove communications, postings or materials at ￼any time in our sole discretion.
￼7. No Warranties. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ANY LINKED WEBSITES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. AS BETWEEN THE COMPANY AND YOU, YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR OTHER DEVICE AND LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY THIRD PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE WEBSITE SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING AT THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE COMPANY MAKES NO AND DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE COMPANY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS THAT: YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR FREE FROM ERROR; ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR DEFECTS IN THE WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; therefore the preceding exclusion may not apply in whole or in part to you.
8. No Assumption of Liability. THE COMPANY ASSUMES NO AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY: MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES IN THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE; ANY FAILURE OR REFUSAL TO UPDATE ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE; PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE; ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE COMPANY’S SERVERS OR ANY PERSONAL OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED IN OR ON THE COMPANY’S SERVERS; ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE WEBSITE; ANY PROGRAM ROUTINE, DEVICE, CODE OR INSTRUCTION OR OTHER FEATURE THAT A THIRD PARTY MAY SUBMIT, POST, INTRODUCE OR TRANSMIT TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE THAT IS CAPABLE OF ACCESSING, MODIFYING, DELETING, DAMAGING, DISABLING, DEACTIVATING, INTERFERING WITH OR OTHERWISE HARMING ANY SOFTWARE, COMPUTER, NETWORK, DATA OR OTHER ELECTRONICALLY STORED INFORMATION, PROGRAM OR SYSTEM, INCLUDING ANY DROP DEAD DEVICE, MALICIOUS LOGIC, WORM, ERROR, DEFECT, TRAP DOOR, BUG, VIRUS, TROJAN HORSE OR THE LIKE (COLLECTIVELY, “VIRUS”) THAT THIRD PARTIES MAY SUBMIT, POST, INTRODUCE OR TRANSMIT TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE; ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE; INFORMATION ON OR FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY WEBSITE THAT MAY BE LINKED TO ON THE WEBSITE; OR ANY CONTENT, PRODUCT OR SERVICE THAT A THIRD PARTY OFFERS OR ADVERTISES OR THAT IS REFERENCED ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
9. Prohibited Uses. You are solely responsible for your acts or omissions that occur when using the Website. You may not copy, reproduce, duplicate, sell, trade, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, license, reverse engineer, decompile, exploit or modify any part of the Website or extract or attempt to extract any source code from the Website. You may not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any information on or which enforce limitations on use of the Website. You may not engage in unacceptable use of the Website including, use of the Website to: transmit unsolicited or unauthorized advertisements, spam, messages, chain letters or unsolicited commercial electronic mail; transmit material that may be abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening or malicious; transmit files, graphics, software or other material that actually or potentially infringes, violates or contravenes, breaches or constitutes an unauthorized use or misappropriation of any intellectual property right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any person; submit, post, introduce or transmit any Virus to or through the Website; engage in systematic retrieval of data or other content from the Website by any means (including, the use of scrapers or other tools) to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without prior written permission from the Company; interfere with or disrupt servers or networks connected to the Website; or engage in any other activity that is prohibited by law or applicable regulations or deemed by the Company to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of these Terms.
10. Links to Other Websites. The Website may contain links to websites maintained by other companies. The Company is providing these links to you only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link does not and should not imply that the Company endorses or warrants any third-party website or third-party company or product.
11. Applicable Law. The Website can be accessed from every U.S. state, as well as from other countries around the world. Each of those places has laws that may differ from those of Alabama, where the Company is located. The laws of the State of Alabama, without regard to its conflicts of law principles, will apply to all disputes based on, arising out of, or relating to your use of the Website or any information it contains. With respect to such disputes, you submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of any court in St. Clair County, Alabama and waive any objections or defenses contrary to such submission.
￼￼￼￼12. Indemnification. You will indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Company and its members, attorneys, licensors, successors, or assigns from and against any claim, action, demand, cause of action, suit, proceeding, loss, cost, expense, damage, debt or liability, including reasonable legal costs and attorneys’ fees, alleged or asserted by any person or actually incurred by the Company, which arises out of or relates to: (a) your use or of the Website; (b) your breach or violation of any of these Terms; or (c) your breach or violation of any third party right, including any copyright, property, publicity or privacy right.
13.Legally Compelled Disclosure.You agree that in the event the Company receives a subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction, a law enforcement or government agency, the Company shall comply with such subpoenas without your consent or prior notice to you and may disclose your IP address, username, name, IP location or other information in response thereto.
14. Changes to this Notice. the Company may revise or modify these Terms, either in whole or in part, at any time without prior notice to you, and such revisions and modifications will supersede this version of these Terms. You will be bound by any such revisions or modifications and should, therefore, visit this page each time you access the Website to review the then-current Terms. Print off or save a local copy of the then-current Terms for your records.
15. General. These Terms are severable and, if any provision is invalid, void or unenforceable in whole or in part for any reason, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect. These Terms will be binding upon you and your successors, assigns, heirs, legatees, executors, administrators and representatives. The headings of the sections of these Terms are inserted for convenience of reference only, will not be construed as part of your agreement with the Company under these Terms, and will in no way be construed as defining, limiting or affecting the scope or intent of these Terms. As used in these Terms, the word “may” shall be construed as permissive and the words “will” and “shall” shall be construed as imperative; and the terms “include” or “including” mean “include” or “including” without limiting the generality of any description or word preceding such term. Nothing in these Terms will prohibit the Company from protecting and enforcing its rights under these Terms, its properties and interests to the maximum extent of the law. These Terms are the entire agreement and understanding between you and the Company regarding their subject matter and supersede all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings regarding their subject matter, and no agreements, understandings, warranties or representations exist between you and the Company other than these Terms, unless set out in a separate written agreement between you and the Company.
Last Revised March 30, 2015
What Information We Collect. Some features on the Website ask you for personal information. This information currently includes, but is not limited to name and email address. We may also capture certain non-personal information such as the browser, operating system or the type of search engine you are using.
We may also collect general demographic information about our Website users. This information creates a broad picture of our population rather than focusing on any one individual. This information is used to continually refine our content and to identify the most popular areas of our Website.
How We Use This Information. We use this information to better serve our customers. The information gathered might be used when updating information on the Website. We may use the information you provide about yourself or others to fulfill requests for our services or to respond to inquiries about offerings. Also, we might use the information to offer other products, programs or services that may be of interest to you.
To better provide products and serves that would interest you, we may combine information we receive with outside records to enhance our ability to market those products or services.
We Protect Your Privacy. Collected information is stored on the Company’s computers and accessible only by authorized users and personnel. The Company does not sell or trade your personally identifiable information to any third-party.
Customer Choice. The Company allows users to opt-in to emails that are of interest to them. The Company uses email addresses for the purpose of informing subscribers of news and other related topics. The Company will not share the information we collect with our partners or third parties.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional communications from the Company, opt-out by clicking on the hyperlink at the bottom of any email you receive [email@example.com] or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting to be unsubscribed from any further emails. Please note that you cannot opt-out from emails regarding your account information.
Indemnification. You will indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Company and its members, managers, affiliates, attorneys, licensors, successors, or assigns from and against any claim, action, demand, cause of action, suit, proceeding, loss, cost, expense, damage, debt or liability, including reasonable legal costs and attorneys’ fees, alleged or asserted by any person or actually incurred by the Company, which arises out of or relates to: (a) your use or of the Website; (b) your breach or violation of any of these Terms; or (c) your breach or violation of any third party right, including any property, publicity or privacy right. Additionally, the Company reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any action, proceeding or matter subject to indemnification by you, whereupon you agree to cooperate with the Company in asserting any available defense.
Last Revised March 30, 2015
Commenter Code of Conduct
I Left Venus For This Comments – We welcome the thoughts, expressions and comments or each and every one of you. However, we are dedicated to maintaining a respectful community. We want our users to actively engage in lively and thought-provoking discussions about relationships, dating, and the other topics represented by our articles, posts and blogs. However, please keep the following in mind when writing and posting your comments.
R–E–S–P–E–C–T – Please be polite to all of the members of our online community, including authors, guest contributors, bloggers and other commenters, as well as the subjects of the articles and guest posts. These are real people and there are real people reading your comments. We respect the First Amendment, but we ask that you be polite when posting your
expressions on our Website!
Safe Space – We want our Website to be a safe and welcoming space for all individuals and ideas. As such, rudeness, insults, hate, hostility, bullying, threatening or other negative content may be removed and you may lose your ability to comment. Be respectful and think before you post.
Unacceptable Content – Unacceptable content includes, but is not limited to, the following:Content that is libelous, knowingly false or misrepresents another person. Content that violates the privacy of others.Content that infringes upon a copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right. Content that violates an obligation of confidentiality. Content that is wholly unrelated to the referenced article or blog Content that is purely self-promotional.
Moderation – Comments may be pre-moderated by our team before posting to the Website and all comments violating this Code of Conduct may be removed at any time without notice to you.
Disclaimer – Please note that opinions expressed by contributors and commentators do not necessarily reflect the views of I Left Mars For This Productions, LLC.